Friday, January 30, 2009

Time is our friend and our enemy

As I've gotten older (not that I'm all that old, but older), I've noticed that the mystical ages I used to dream about as a child are not really all that magical.  I remember thinking that certain ages would come and I would have every thing figured out.  I would have life figured out and there would be smooth sailing from there.  
I've discovered, however, from my own experiences and interacting with those older than me that everyone has problems and this wisdom and security is the biggest myth cooked up by my 10 year old brain.
Not to sound so fatalistic.  I am glad I am older now.  I have experienced things and don't really have a desire to go back to where I was.  I am grateful for all that I have learned and for my life experiences.  
Guess we have to continue forward, living every day as our last firmly watching for that time when Christ is promised to return and every tear shall be wiped away.

No comments: