Monday, December 22, 2008

It's not all roses and sunshine

23 Why is life given to a man
whose way is hidden,
whom God has hedged in?

24 For sighing comes to me instead of food;
my groans pour out like water.

25 What I feared has come upon me;
what I dreaded has happened to me.

26 I have no peace, no quietness;
I have no rest, but only turmoil."

-Job 3:23-26

Life feels like that sometimes. Especially when the economy is hard. Also when things don't seem to be the way you want them to be.

God challenges Job, however.

4 "Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.

5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?
-Job 38:4-5

We weren't there. We also aren't a starving child in a third world country dying from a disease by no fault of their own. Sometimes I have to wonder if one situation or another bothers me so, where is my hope anyway?

"May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word" ~2 Thessalonians 2:16-17

No comments: