Monday, June 28, 2010

3rd hand smoke

I live in the 3rd hand smoke universe. My neighbor next door smokes and since his apartment shares a balcony wall with mine, when he smokes out on his balcony it travels into mine and permeates anything I store in the storage closet out there. Its rather annoying and there's nothing I can do about it since technically his balcony is "outside." My neighbors below us also smoke. Our ventilation system must be connected to their somehow because every time they smoke we can smell it through our air vents. Its worst in the bathroom and my roommate's bedroom. Most of the time we get used to its faint lingering odor but every time you walk into the door after being gone all day you remember that you live in a 3rd hand smoke universe. Additionally since you can legally smoke in your own residence there is nothing my apartment can do about it.

Today I was reminded of my universe because smoke clings to your clothes and whenever my smoker neighbors do laundry the laundry room smells like smoke too.

I move out in a month! Can't wait to breathe again! I hope my year of 3rd hand smoke does not in fact lead to cancer :)

No comments: